Proctor and Stevenson Ltd is the data controller for its own customer and prospect data and is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We've structured our website so that, in general, you can visit Proctor and Stevenson Ltd, on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with Proctor and Stevenson Ltd.
What is personal data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Proctor and Stevenson Limited will collect and use your personal data for cookies, website tracking and optimisation, and contact requests.
Why does Proctor and Stevenson Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to contact you, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes, including administering your account, customer enquiries, fulfilling customer contracts and new business enquiries.
In order to make sure our website provides the most relevant information to you, we collect information via Google Analytics in order to see how our visitors have arrived at the site and what they have looked at while they are here. This information is collected in order to understand how we can improve the website experience for you and how we can deliver information to you in a more efficient manner. This data is anonymized and is deleted in accordance with our retention policy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Proctor and Stevenson Limited will ask for your consent before any marketing communications are sent.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Proctor and Stevenson Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Proctor and Stevenson Limited in the course of dealing with you. If we wish to pass your data onto a third party we will only do so if there is a legitimate interest, or in fulfilment of a contract with you. In any other circumstances, we will seek your full consent, being clear about the purpose for which you give it, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the purposes described above. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Proctor and Stevenson Limited's procedures.
How will Proctor and Stevenson Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Proctor and Stevenson Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Proctor and Stevenson Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes.
How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Proctor and Stevenson Limited contact me?
Proctor and Stevenson Limited will only contact you upon a direct request, or if you have consented to us sending you marketing materials. This may have been given through registration to our email list. You may remove yourself from this list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of our communications. If you are a customer we have a legitimate business interest to contact you for marketing purposes unless you tell us otherwise or indicate this by clicking unsubscribe on any of our marketing communications
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the Proctor and Stevenson Limited holds about me?
Proctor and Stevenson Limited, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Proctor and Stevenson Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Proctor and Stevenson Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
How can I request this information?
In order to request the information we hold about you, please complete our Subject Access Request Form, which you can download here.
Please send this form, along with identification, via email or post, to the contact details listed below.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Proctor and Stevenson Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Utility bill from the last 3 months
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
Address line 1: DQM GRC
Address line 2: DQM House
Address line 3: Baker Street
Address line 4: High Wycombe
Address line 5: HP11 2RX
Telephone: +44 (0)1494 435 467
Contact details for privacy enquiries at Proctor and Stevenson Ltd.
Address line 1: Proctor and Stevenson Ltd.
Address line 2: The Old Printworks
Address line 3: 178 Easton Road
Address line 4: Easton
Address line 5: Bristol
Address line 6: BS5 0ES
Telephone: +44 (0)117 923 2282