Weston College has served the education and training needs of its local community for more than 150 years. In the last nine years, it has transformed itself to become one of the top-performing colleges in the West of England. As the college of choice, it has significant success rates at 97% for A-Level and 99% for vocational courses.
The challenge was clear. Weston College wanted a website that reflected their forward-thinking approach to education, and the gravitas to showcase their success; offering an information hub to prospective, and existing students. They wanted a site that would take them through the next 3 years, which they could easily update themselves, and which could evolve with the latest technology to provide ongoing information provision for prospective students.
A fully responsive CMS website, a bold new design making the most of the full screen, with multiple entries to course information.
- Integration with college internal EBS system – taking a direct feed of course information from a centralised source direct to the web pages, updating every 24hrs
- Course Search functionality – allowing users to search based on user type, faculty, A-Z
- Intelligent site and course search – allowing for search by job role
- Course related video and photo galleries – across all subject area pages
- Student and Staff profiles – across all subject area pages
- Career information – across all course areas and levels
- People are spending 17% more time on the site
- 64% more engagement across the core subject areas
- The homepage's bounce rate decreased by 18.5%
- New users increased by 31%