Web Content Editor, Panasonic
Permanent and full time.
Are you a confident and driven Web Content Editor who’s looking to join a dynamic, fast-paced team servicing one of the world’s biggest B2B brands?
Is your eagle eye for accuracy matched only by your ability to turn around snappy content for a CMS and to whip up attention-grabbing images in Photoshop? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand-building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services,
Osborne Clarke, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our office space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+.
We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be doing
Working with the digital team and reporting to both our web content lead and the online manager for our client, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Updating websites as requested.
- Creating and populating new web pages.
- Liaising with multiple international offices, including in the Far East.
- Working closely with both the client and our internal teams to maintain the site and ensure information is accurate.
- Directly liaising with our client via email and through their webmaster request tool.
- Editing existing content in the Drupal CMS.
- Creating new content in the CMS.
- Creating and editing imagery for new and existing content, using Photoshop.
- Creating blocks of content, e.g. news or product information.
- User administration.
- Advising on issues and communicating best practice on processes to the client.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a passionate all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
- A minimum of 3 months’ web content experience.
- A good working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Sound computer literacy and keyboard skills.
- A natural proficiency for working with people from multiple cultures. (Language skills are not a requirement.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- The ability to prioritise tasks based on different time zones (our client has offices in South-East Asia, for example).
- Experience of using a CMS.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Prior experience with Drupal.
- Eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Able to work on multiple projects confidently, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Brilliant when it comes to organisation and personal time management in order to deliver projects to mutually agreed timelines.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Hardworking and highly professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Highly self-motivated and confident in taking the initiative.
What you’ll be getting
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme – P+S contribution of 4%, employees 5%.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Quarterly employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- First interviews will be with our Web Content Lead and HR Manager.
- Second telephone interview will be with our Digital Director and Online Manager at Panasonic.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.