Permanent and full time.
Are you a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with 6+ years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) across a wide range of software projects under your belt?
Are you a stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson has reached the enviable status of Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital solutions for a vast range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 7 years, including:
• European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
• B2B Portals for North America and Germany
• Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
• Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need Test Manager to join our dedicated team of testers, developers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
Who we are
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, you will be responsible for leading a team with testing a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
A varied role, working with diverse clients and projects - below are just some of the tasks that your typical day will be filled with:
• Involved from requirements analysis to UAT of all the stages of the SDLC.
• Managing, training and mentoring the testing team.
• Preparing and reviewing test strategies and generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
• Collaborating across the testing and development functions to seek ways to implement solid automation strategies and QA approaches.
• Delegating, coordinating and monitoring testing during the development phase.
• Improving the in-house quality-testing processes.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a fantastic all-rounder who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee, we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet sociable person on our team.
• ISTQB certified.
• Demonstrable experience testing a wide range of websites, with a sound understanding of test processes.
• Test management experience and proven delivery track record.
• Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
• Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow-based systems.
• Good understanding of HTML and using browser developer tools to diagnose issues.
• Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
• Experience of both manual and automated testing and ability to create test scripts using Selenium.
• Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
• Experience of testing Drupal applications.
• ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
• Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
• Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
• Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
• Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
• A team player with an enthusiastic attitude. (We’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.)
• Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time and to expectations.
• Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
What you’ll be getting
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
• Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
• The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
• Company pension scheme.
• Maternity and paternity benefits.
• Profit share scheme.
• Healthcare cash plan.
• Private medical insurance.
• Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
• Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
• Retail and gym discounts.
• Regular employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
• Business development and recruitment finder’s fees.
• Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
• Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
• As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
• An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes, please send your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com. Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
• First interviews will be with our Head of Development, Senior Tester and HR Manager.
• Second interview will be with our Managing Director and Digital Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.