Senior Web QA Tester
Permanent and full-time
Are you a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with 6+ years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) across a wide range of software projects under your belt?
Are you a stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, you will be conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
Below are just some of the tasks Your typical day will be filled with:
• Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
• Working closely with business analysts and software developers to help create functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
• Generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
• Creating automated test scripts for regression testing systems.
• Recording and reporting testing results to project managers.
• Improving the in-house quality-testing processes.
• Managing, training and mentoring junior members of the testing team.
• Demonstrable experience testing a wide range of websites, with a sound understanding of test processes.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
• Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
• Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
• Good understanding of HTML, and using browser developer tools to diagnose issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
• Experience of automated testing and ability to create test scripts using Selenium.
• A team player with an enthusiastic attitude. (We’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.)
• Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time and to expectations.
• Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
Bonus points for
• Experience of testing Drupal applications.
• ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
• Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
• Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
• Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
• Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
What you’ll be getting…
• A competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience.
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
• Training and development opportunities, including industry-relevant conference attendance.
• The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
• Healthcare cash plan.
• Private medical insurance.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Cycle to Work scheme with secure cycle bike locks (and a shower at the office!).
• The opportunity for reduced parking rates.
• Retail and gym discounts.
• Frequent social events.
• As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
• An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do and have fun while they do it.
Who we are
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 60+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to [email protected].
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
• First telephone interviews will be with our Technical Architect or Application Team Lead alongside our HR Manager.
• Second interviews will be with our Testing Consultant, Project Management Team Lead and HR Manager.
• The third and final interview will be with the Managing Director and Digital Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.