Are you a talented Senior Developer or Technical Architect looking to join a dynamic and growing development team? Or are you looking for a step-up in your career? Does your love of all things digital go beyond the code and get under the skin of the user? Do you obsess about clean, performant code and solutions? If yes, you may be interested in what we’ve got to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson has reached the enviable status of Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital cloud solutions for a vast range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 9 years, including:
• European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
• B2B Portals for North America and Germany
• Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
• Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need a talented senior developer or technical architect to join our dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
You’ll work within the Technology team, reporting directly to the Head of Development to ensure the smooth delivery and outstanding performance of sites on a global scale.
A typical day will be filled with lots of technical challenges. You’ll be working to design and develop POCs or flesh out full application specifications prior to development, or you might be getting your hands dirty with full-on coding. You’ll be working with PHP and Drupal mainly, but will also be exposed to our other core technologies, Angular and Symfony. You’ll be designing and developing web-based and standalone microservice applications for exciting and varied projects that range from several days to several months.
You’ll also have the opportunity to guide and mentor others in the team, to ensure they are following our best-practices and implementing your designs and solutions.
We’re an enthusiastic bunch, always striving to improve our collective skills and willing to try new things (when it comes to digital at least!). So, if you’re keen on teamwork and continual development (excuse the pun) you’ll fit right in.
It’s often fast-paced with super-tight deadlines, but you’ll have the chance to work with some of the latest technologies, including Docker, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Angular, and Headless Drupal.
Additionally, as an AWS Partner, we work with AWS and its services a lot. Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of these services and how they work together to provide secure, highly available infrastructure.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, P+S are currently operating with a semi remote workforce. Most of our digital team work remotely, and a few currently come into the office 1 or 2 days a week. Our office is now fully adapted to maintain safe social distancing as per government guidelines.
We are able to support remote working for this opportunity, including remote onboarding, with the requirement that you will have the ability to come into the office for a few days a week if necessary.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience or training.
• Solid industry PHP experience (6+ years).
• Strong knowledge of MySQL.
• Standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
• Excellent knowledge of Git Version Control.
• Experience working with Drupal 8+.
• Working with AWS cloud technologies.
• Headless/Decoupled CMSs.
• Symfony and MVC methodologies.
• Knowledge of jsonapi.org spec.
• 3rd party APIs.
• Responsive site building.
• Strong understanding of Linux and Apache configuration.
• Performance optimisation (e.g. Memcache).
• Docker and Ansible.
• Sass and other front-end preprocessor tools such as Gulp or Grunt.
• Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine.
• International language skills, in particular Arabic or Japanese.
• Eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, with a love of clean, secure, well-documented code.
• A confident problem solver, with the ability to understand complex client business problems and translate them into technical solutions.
• An excellent communicator, so you can explain your solutions to non-technical colleagues and clients.
• Able to debug and investigate problems efficiently.
• Knowledgeable of the importance of performance optimisation.
• Keen to learn new things and adapt to the fast-changing digital landscape.
• Experienced as a technical lead on large scale projects.
• Rather brilliant at personal time management in order to deliver projects to mutually agreed deadlines.
• Able to provide both time and financial estimates for allocated work.
• Flexible in your approach, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
• A team player who is comfortable leading a project or working within a team.
• Highly professional and presentable.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Comfortable in front of clients and facilitating requirements gathering.
• Proven experience with helping to successfully mentor other team members.
• First telephone interview with our Head of Development and Principal Developer.
• Second stage will be to respond to a technical test, done in your own time but within an agreed timeframe, from home.
• Third and final stage will be to interview with our HR Manager, Head of Development and a Development Team Lead and, if time allows, a separate final chat with our Managing Director, Digital Director and/or Head of Digital Projects.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.