Senior Angular Front-End Web Developer
Permanent and full-time
Are you a talented Angular Developer looking to join a dynamic and growing digital team working with some of the world’s leading B2B brands? Are you itching to put your skills to work shaping the future of their web and app offerings? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson has reached the enviable status of Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital solutions for a vast range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 10 years, including:
- European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
- B2B Portals for North America and Germany
- Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
- Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need an Angular-experienced senior front-end web developer to join our dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
What you’ll be needing…
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience or training.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using Angular (2+) professionally.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- CSS3 + SASS.
- Cross Browser / Platform / Device testing experience.
- Strong knowledge of UI / UX / Design patterns and concepts.
- Experience building responsive web sites.
- Good working knowledge of content management systems, ideally Drupal.
- WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility.
Bonus points for experience in…
- Building web applications.
- Ionic 2 App Framework.
- Gulp / Grunt or similar.
- Drupal, Headless Drupal.
- Unit testing (Jasmine, Karma)
- NGRX (Redux)
- SSR (Angular Universal)
- Multilingual Applications
What you’ll be doing…
Reporting directly to our Head of Front-end Development, you’ll help to plan, implement and maintain a range of angular applications, headless websites and hybrid mobile phone apps.
There’ll be some traditional front-end work in there too, after all we are an agency, so work comes in all forms. It’s often fast-paced with super-tight deadlines, but you’ll have the chance to work with a lovely bunch of people, the latest technologies and some amazing B2B brands.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Building headless websites using Drupal and Angular 2.
- Building hybrid mobile apps with Ionic 2.
- Building responsive websites on top of Drupal CMS.
- Working with colleagues and clients to estimate and define project requirements, schedules and budget.
- Escalating any project-related issues and opportunities to the head of front-end development and project manager, in a timely fashion.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas with project managers, testers, designers and other colleagues, while also being comfortable working alone when required.
- Brilliant when it comes to organisation and personal time management in order to deliver projects to mutually agreed timelines and deadlines.
- Capable of working to and successfully delivering projects from specification.
- Eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, with a love of clean, well-documented code.
- A thoughtful coder, adept at taking a reusable/modular approach to programming.
- Able to debug and investigate problems efficiently for swift and successful resolution.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
- Hungry to progress and develop.
What you’ll be getting…
- A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café and frequent social events.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
Who we are…
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our office space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
First interviews will be with our Head of Front-end Development and HR Manager.
Second interview will be with our Digital Director, Head of Digital Projects and Managing Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.