Senior Account Executive
Permanent and full time.
Are you a standout (Senior) Account Executive with the experience and talent to deliver exceptional service every day, while orchestrating global marketing campaigns for big-name clients?
Does your knack for top-level communication mean you always get to the heart of a client’s needs? And does your talent for exceptional project management mean you always deliver, above and beyond expectations. If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our office space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter.
What you’ll be doing
Working mainly with our global B2B clients, you’ll be supporting the Client Services Director, Account Directors and Account Manager in developing client relationships and the delivery of international campaigns, on time and on budget.
You’ll be managing the day-to-day operational aspects of your account, co-ordinating multiple teams, and of course, ensuring continual and unrivalled client satisfaction.
You’ll be busy with a whole host of activities that include (but are certainly not limited to) the development and delivery of on and offline marketing projects, branding, digital campaigns and systems, exhibitions and printed collateral.
It’ll be fast-paced with tight deadlines, but you’ll be working with a fantastic team, and your role will be hugely varied.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
• Truly understanding the client’s objectives, business and market, and working with them to deliver creative but commercial solutions.
• Briefing and coordinating the creative studio, our digital teams, suppliers and other external parties to ensure successful delivery of campaigns on time and on budget.
• Creating detailed and accurate contact reports, estimates, timing plans and other client documentation, as required.
• Following quality assurance and operational processes.
• Providing campaign performance results and insightful recommendations to the client and the Proctors teams.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a passionate all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee, we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
• A proven track record of working in a marketing/agency environment.
• Know-how of B2B marketing.
• Marketing qualifications or equivalent industry experience.
• Demonstrable campaign experience:
A host of channels, including direct marketing, email, display advertising and traditional print media.
Planning, budgeting, presenting and reporting.
• Ability to develop your own relationships with your clients, to independently manage projects, proactively escalating to Account Manager or Account Director when required.
• A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
• Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
• A talent for written and verbal communication – you’re a dab hand at building rapport with clients and managing their needs and expectations.
• A knack for researching and analysing new business opportunities.
• Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes.
• Respect for client and company confidentiality.
• A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
• An excellent people manager – both internally and externally.
• A critical thinker with an eagle eye when it comes to detail and error spotting – regular proof checking is required.
• Marketing savvy, including all things digital.
• Hungry to progress and develop.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
• Prepared to travel to clients’ offices, both in the UK and further afield, when required.
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)
• Some experience of digital campaigns.
• Experience planning and managing exhibition projects.
• A basic understanding of web content management systems, ideally Drupal.
• International language skills, in particular Arabic.
What you’ll be getting
● 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
● Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
● The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
● Company pension scheme.
● Maternity and paternity benefits.
● Healthcare cash plan.
● Private medical insurance.
● Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
● Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office).
● Retail and gym discounts.
● Regular employee awards as voted by colleagues - a chance to reward those who deserve a thank you, with cash or prizes.
● Business development and recruitment finder’s fees.
● Regular foodie pop-ups in our café.
● Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
● As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
● An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes, please send your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com. Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
• First telephone interview with our Account Director, Account Manager and HR Manager.
• Second and final stage will be to interview with Client Services Director and Managing Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.