Motion Graphics Designer + Video Editor
Permanent and full time.
Are you a capable motion graphics designer and video editor? Are you looking to join a growing creative team that works with national and global B2B brands?
Does your obsession for all things moving go beyond design and grace, to get under the skin of clients and viewers, to deliver truly memorable films? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications, web builds and systems development.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 60+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that takes care of its staff, our environment and offer exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Video, working alongside our Creative Director and Executive Creative Director.
Attention grabbing design will drive everything you do, as you create, evolve and contribute to the development of our clients’ video communications strategies.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with…
- Developing style frames, test animations and storyboards
- Animating in After Effects/Cinema 4D
- Animating assets from Illustrator
- Kinetic Typography
- Adding music and VO
- Delivering for review
- Designing storyboards
- Sourcing stock video
- Managing and editing footage, adding music and VO
- Grading and adding titles
- Delivering for review
Truly understanding your clients’ objectives and markets and working with them to deliver creative but commercial solutions. These could include:
- Corporate films and animation
- Event films
- Product videos
- Internal comms
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for.
- 2+ years’ experience in film making and animation.
- A strong portfolio, demonstrating both design and technical skills.
- Experience working across the Adobe Suite to deliver engaging videos, that both communicates the client’s message and builds on the client’s brand.
- Conceptual creativity, excellent typographic flair, visualising skills and a good understanding of design that grabs attention, elicits a response and sells.
- An understanding of social media.
- A commercial understanding of the importance of working to budgets.
- Excellent organisational skills:
- Able to prioritise a high volume of projects and processes.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Able to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- Great attention to detail.
- Quality assurance skills.
- The ability to work productively with your team and other specialists – such as copywriters, strategic thinkers, account managers and designers – contributing and sharing best practices, knowledge and ideas.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- Confidence combined with an ability to learn quickly.
- A level head, with the ability to take on projects and produce great work independently of guidance or direction.
Technical skills required
- Adobe After Effects, Premiere and illustrator; with additional relevant plugins.
- Ability to use Mac OS-X operating system.
- A conceptual thinker, who can take a script through to a complete production.
- Keen to help in developing our in-house skillset.
- An effective communicator.
- Comfortable being part of a team who persuasively sell-in to clients.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Committed, hungry to progress and develop. We’ll want you to build strong and lasting relationships with your colleagues and clients, while developing a long and successful career in the longer term.
- Hardworking and flexible, with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often)
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)
- Ideally, you’ll have some experience with Cinema4D or equivalent.
- Experience in film making and working on set.
- Character design and animation experience.
What you’ll be getting
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme – P+S contribution of 4%, employees 5%.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travelers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Quarterly employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV, portfolio and a brief covering note to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to:
- List your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- First interviews will be with our Head of Video and Motion Graphics, Executive Creative Director and HR Manager.
- Second interview will be with our Managing Director, Senior Copywriter and Creative Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.