Junior Business Analyst
Permanent and full time.
Are you a talented Business Analyst with a knack for turning requirements into solutions? Do you excel in problem solving and generating solutions for user needs and internal pain points? Can you display a deep knowledge of user experience?
Do you have the uncanny ability to get to the heart of a client’s business objectives, and then translate them into brilliant behind-the-scenes workflows, improved web processes and specifications, that deliver a seamless online user experience?
If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson has reached the enviable status of Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital solutions for a vast range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 7 years, including:
- European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
- B2B Portals for North America and Germany
- Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
- Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need Junior Business Analyst to join our dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
Who we are
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 60+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help define the functional and digital solutions needed to fulfill the business needs of our clients. Together with the design and development team, you will translate your findings, in order to determine an effective solution that will meet and surpass the client’s aims, ensuring the completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks for software features.
A varied role, working with diverse clients and projects - below are just some of the tasks that your typical day will be filled with:
- Supporting the team in gathering and defining clients’ business objectives, through client meetings, workshops and briefs.
- Identifying and presenting possible solutions / future processes.
- Creating documents that detail solutions, including user stories and acceptance criteria, that will form the basis of the project functionality and estimate.
- Prioritisation of client requirements to aid with decisions on development phasing.
- Examining and mapping user journeys and flow diagrams.
- Mocking up wireframes of intended functionality.
- Creating functional specifications to relay back to the client and the Proctors’ team.
- Creating documentation to present concepts, research findings and explain key solutions to clients and stakeholders.
- Continual effective communication and liaison with clients and internal team, ensuring all documentation remains current and accurate, for future reference.
- Helping to perform quality assurance against defined specifications, and throughout the development of a project, ensuring that the original requirements and the clients aims are met.
- Identifying any potential problems that may affect schedules or specifications and notifying the relevant parties.
- Producing training manuals / documentation and training clients in using new systems implemented.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a fantastic all-rounder who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee, we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet sociable person on our team.
- At least 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Experience in business/systems analysis in order to draw business-relevant conclusions.
- Experience in creating requirements, scopes, functional specifications or similar documents.
- Experience in mapping processes and creating flows.
- Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver tasks and projects in a timely fashion.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with / defining websites, CMS systems and mobile applications.
- Experience with CRM or DAM systems.
- Excellent at problem solving.
- Proven at getting to the heart of what a client wants and needs.
- Meticulously eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Able to work on a project confidently, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent at notetaking and requirement capturing, especially in high paced environments such as client workshops.
- Methodical and highly organised.
- Positive and enthusiastic (even on a Monday morning!).
- A real team player, working closely with other BAs and the project team (PM, designers, developers and testers), contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Dab-hand at analysing and documenting user and business processes.
- An excellent verbal, written and technical communicator.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
What you’ll be getting
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Regular employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Business development and recruitment finder’s fees.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes, please send your CV and a brief covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- First interviews will be with our Business Analyst, Head of Digital Projects and HR Manager.
- Second interview will be with our Managing Director and Digital Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.