Are you a talented Developer looking to join a dynamic and growing digital team working with some of the world’s leading B2B brands?
Are you itching to put your skills to work shaping the future of their web and app offerings? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson has reached the enviable status of Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital solutions for a vast range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s Marketing Director, we’ve been providing multi-site solutions for over 7 years, including:
• Headless Drupal 8 applications with Angular frontends for North America and Japan.
• European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages.
• B2B Portals for North America and Germany.
• Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe.
• Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral.
Our continued growth means we need an experienced front-end web developer to join our dedicated team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be working with Panasonic, and other clients in Europe, the middle east, the US and UK to create industry-leading web applications.
You’ll work in the Technology group as part of the Development team, alongside the Project and QA teams, reporting directly to our Frontend Application Team Lead, to ensure the smooth delivery and outstanding performance of sites on a global scale.
A typical day will be filled with lots of HTML and SASS, developing responsive web-based and standalone applications for exciting and varied projects that range from several days to several months. Day-to-day we use Drupal as our framework of choice, but we also use Symfony and Wordpress where needed. Much of what we do is considered more traditional software engineering as we look to build API-first applications using a serverless and microservice architecture in conjunction with AWS tools.
We’re an enthusiastic bunch, always striving to improve our collective skills and willing to try new things (when it comes to digital at least!). So, if you’re keen on teamwork and continual development (excuse the pun) you’ll fit right in.
It’s often fast-paced and work comes in all forms, but you’ll have the chance to work with a lovely bunch of people, and some of the latest technologies, including Docker, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Angular, and Headless Drupal.
• Cross Browser / Platform / Device testing experience.
• Strong knowledge of UI / UX / Design patterns and concepts.
• Strong experience building responsive web sites.
• Good working knowledge of content management systems.
• Twig or other templating engines.
• Angular or a modern JS Framework, Typescript Storybook.
• Atomic design patterns and BEM methodology.
• Ionic app framework.
• Gulp / Grunt or similar.
• Web accessibility (eg. WAI best practices).
• Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas with project managers, testers, designers and other colleagues, while also being comfortable working alone when required.
• Brilliant when it comes to organisation and personal time management in order to deliver projects to mutually agreed timelines and deadlines.
• Capable of working to and successfully delivering projects from specification.
• Eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, with a love of clean, well-documented code.
• A thoughtful coder, adept at taking a reusable / modular approach to programming.
• Able to debug and investigate problems efficiently for swift and successful resolution.
• Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
• Hungry to progress and develop.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, P+S are currently operating with a semi remote workforce (except during lockdown, when all employees work remotely). Our office is now fully adapted to maintain safe social distancing as per government guidelines.
We are able to support UK-based remote working this for this role, including initial remote onboarding.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
• First interview with an Application Team Lead and HR Manager.
• Second stage will be to respond to a technical test, done in your own time but within an agreed timeframe, from home.
• Third and final stage will be to interview with our Technical Director and Application Team Lead.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate. In recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees, we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, and place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with this policy.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.