Digital Project Manager – Japan and UK
Permanent and full-time
Are you a talented Digital Project Manager looking to join a dynamic and growing digital team working with some of the world’s leading B2B brands?
Is one of your strengths understanding and communicating effectively with clients?
Do you have good Japanese and English spoken and written skills?
If you do, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Proctor + Stevenson is proud to be a Global Partner for Panasonic, providing multi-language digital solutions for a wide range of international stakeholders.
Named the "Best Drupal House in Europe" by Panasonic’s European Marketing Director, we’ve been providing them with multi-site solutions for over 7 years, including:
- European Business Sites with 90,000 pages in 22 Languages
- B2B Portals for North America and Germany
- Product Databases utilised in Japan and Europe
- Dashboard for creating Marketing Collateral
Our continued growth means we need an experienced digital project manager to join our team of developers, testers, digital designers and content editors. You’ll be based in or near Tokyo, creating industry-leading web applications, and visiting the UK two or more times a year.
Who are we?
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol in the UK, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative and digital agency working throughout Europe, USA, Middle East and Asia, with a focus on measurable results.
We have won numerous awards in both the UK and USA, including winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards and Best New Digital Product at the Direct Marketing Awards.
Whether online or offline, we provide a full range of digital, design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications, web builds and applications.
We’re a fast-growing company. We’ve been in the business for 40 years and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 75+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to grow.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to our Head of Digital Projects, you’ll help to plan and deliver digital projects, on time, in budget, meeting and exceeding client expectations. You will work an initial induction period with us here in Bristol in the first few months, before moving on to your permanent desk working from home. You will spend some time per week (minimum 1 day) at our client’s offices in Tokyo. You will need to come to the UK, probably 2-3 times per year, to work with our team in Bristol too.
You will liaise with the client to define project objectives, co-ordinate our creative and digital teams, manage external parties, and ensure that digital deliverables are functioning to their specifications.
Our work is often fast-paced, but you’ll have the chance to work with a great team, the latest technologies and some amazing B2B brands.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Understanding your clients’ aims, business and market, to help deliver creative and commercial solutions.
- Working with digital project managers, account managers and clients to define project requirements, schedules and budget.
- Producing user-friendly wireframes with our interactive designers.
- The creation of project plans, revising when appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project, ensuring all stakeholders understand their tasks, and delivery is on time and in budget.
- Following quality assurance procedures and identifying and addressing any risks to projects.
- Ensuring documentation is current/complete and stored appropriately.
- Managing the content migration process.
- Co-ordinating the testing plan/QA/user acceptance procedure.
- Ensuring confidentiality when dealing with any client and company information.
- Facilitating regular status meetings with the project teams and/or clients.
- Effectively communicating relevant project information to colleagues and managers.
- Escalating any project-related issues and opportunities to the Head of Digital Projects in a timely fashion.
Your skills and experience
- General understanding of the principles and processes involved in web-development, web-based application programming, database and system design.
- Knowledge of internet, intranet, extranet and client/server architectures.
- Good working knowledge of content management systems, ideally Drupal.
- Some exposure to web-based, data-driven applications such as print-on-demand.
- Ability to use email and internet applications, and Mac OS-X operating systems.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and potentially Microsoft Project.
- Fluent business Japanese and good English.
- Excellent written, verbal and negotiation skills. You’re familiar with communicating (often sensitive) information carefully.
- Ability to compose professionally constructed documents and presentations for internal and external viewing.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Detail oriented - detailed testing will be required.
- Good with clients – you enjoy working directly and closely with clients.
- A good team worker – you work well within teams but can also work effectively on your own.
- Happy to plan and organise your time to get projects done.
- Practical with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required.
- Eager to progress and develop.
- A competitive salary, dependent on your skills and experience.
- Flexible working.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to work on exciting international client projects.
- Travel to the UK and potentially elsewhere.
So, if you are interested in working with us, and think that you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
- First interviews will be with our Head of Digital Projects and HR Manager.
- Second interview will be with our Digital Director, Head of Digital Projects and Head of Development.
- Third interview/stage will be a 2-day period of meetings and interviews at our Bristol office in the UK, involving various colleagues, including our Managing Director.