Digital Planner / Buyer
Permanent and full time.
Are you a standout Digital Planner / Buyer, with the experience and talent to deliver world-class ROI results across our diverse international client base?
Can you inspire our clients and your colleagues with innovative strategies across display, paid social, email, paid search, and more; and build confidence through the depth and breadth of your expertise?
If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
We’re looking for a hands-on digital planner with 3+ years’ experience to join our expanding team. Your goal will be to increase profitable traffic, attracting more customers with the right profile, using your knowledge of digital channels and techniques. Your experience will enable you to identify audience profiles and segments, analyse and plan the appropriate channels to target them and fulfil the client’s objectives, achieving the optimum ROI from their budget. Once planned, you’ll manage the delivery, execution and optimisation of digital strategies comprehensively across all digital channels, including search (paid and organic), programmatic and display, paid social and email. You’ll be a team player, working closely with creative, technical and strategic colleagues in a dynamic, agile environment.
Who we are
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications, web builds and systems development.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
Our office is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that takes care of its staff, our environment and offer exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be doing…
Working mainly with our global B2B clients, you’ll be supporting the Director of Digital and Strategy, in creating campaigns that drive demonstrable ROI results for our clients. You’ll be responsible for running the digital media planning and buying across our international client base and contributing to the development and implementation of planning processes, policies and tools.
Analysing and researching target audiences, you’ll be allocating client budgets across the appropriate media channels, planning the optimal reach and frequency to hit the client’s objectives. From there, you’ll be creating, deploying and managing media plans, reviewing results to pro-actively optimise clients’ live advertising campaigns and deliver campaign ROI.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a passionate all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee, we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
- Native advertising experience, managing media owner relationships to get the best results for the client’s budget.
- Experience in ad-tech practices, including programmatic, paid search and paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest etc).
- Experience in agency-side digital marketing working across B2C/B2B business, particularly B2B.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Adwords and SEO Moz.
- Experience of planning and delivering email marketing and in-bound content marketing strategies, as well as running test and learn variations on campaign landing pages.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, channels and partners.
- A talent for written and verbal communication – you’re a dab hand at building rapport with international clients and managing their needs and expectations.
- Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- Educated to degree level with relevant marketing / digital qualifications either post-graduate or professional training, or strong relevant work experience.
Bonus points for
- Experience with other search tools, for example Spyfu, Semrush.
- Experience in the technology, financial services, professional services, education and utilities sectors.
- Experience with marketing automation systems, e.g. Hubspot, Eloqua and Marketo.
- Experience with email broadcast tools such as Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp.
- Experience in using Content Management Systems such as Drupal.
- Positive and enthusiastic, combining strong strategic planning with hands-on tactical drive to sell-in and deliver world-class results for clients.
- Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- A creative problem solver with initiative and self-motivation.
- A hands-on and positive problem solver; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
- A team worker, with strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills, working harmoniously and closely with your colleagues across technology, creative, management and strategy disciplines.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Practical and level-headed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- A conceptual thinker who can help us develop new digital solutions.
- Committed, hungry to progress and develop. We’ll want you to build strong relationships with your colleagues and clients, while developing a long and successful career.
- Punctual and professional.
- Comfortable being part of a team who persuasively sell-in to clients.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
- Prepared to travel to clients’ offices, both in the UK and further afield, when required
What you’ll be getting…
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme – P+S contribution of 4%, employees 5%.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Quarterly employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
First interviews will be with our Director of Digital and Strategy, Digital Director, Head of Digital Design and HR Manager.
Second interview will be with our Client Services Director and Managing Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.