Permanent and full time.
Are you a capable middleweight digital designer? Are you looking to join a growing creative team that works with national and global B2B brands?
Does your thinking go beyond the look and feel of a project, to get under the skin of the user experience?
If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are…
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand-building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services,
Osborne Clarke, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our office space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+.
We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Digital Design, working alongside our Creative Director and Executive Creative Director.
Usability will drive everything you do, as you create, evolve and contribute to the development of our clients’ digital design communications strategies.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with…
Truly understanding your clients’ objectives and markets and working with them to deliver creative but commercial solutions. These could include:
- Web applications
- Interaction design
- UX/IA design
- Concepts and proposals
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing/agency, or similar, environment.
- A love of bringing concepts to life through animation and interactivity using HTML5, InVision and InVision Studio.
- Experience translating your design into usable wireframes, using software such as Axure/UXPin, and being part of the usability testing process.
- Experience working with pattern and design libraries.
- Conceptual creativity, excellent typographic flair, visualising skills and a good understanding of design that grabs attention, elicits a response and sells.
- An understanding of social media.
- A commercial understanding of the importance of working to budgets.
- Excellent organisational skills:
- Able to prioritise a high volume of projects and processes.
- A hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Able to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- Great attention to detail.
- Quality assurance skills.
- The ability to work productively with your team and other specialists – such as developers, copywriters, strategic thinkers, account managers and digital project managers – contributing and sharing best practices, knowledge and ideas.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- Confidence, combined with an ability to learn quickly.
- A level head, with the ability to take on projects and produce great work independently of guidance or direction.
Technical skills required
- Adobe Creative Suite, HTML5, HTML/CSS, Axure, UXPin, Sketch,
- Google Web Designer, InVision, InVision Studio.
- Ability to use Mac OS-X operating system.
- A conceptual thinker who can help us develop new digital solutions.
- An effective communicator.
- Comfortable being part of a team who persuasively sell-in to clients.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Committed, hungry to progress and develop. We’ll want you to build strong and lasting relationships with your colleagues and clients, while developing a long and successful career in the longer term.
- Hardworking and flexible, with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often).
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)
- Ideally, you’ll have some further advanced coding knowledge, including JS.
- Experience working with technology and financial services clients.
- Capability in moving image.
What you’ll be getting
- A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café and frequent social events.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV, portfolio and a brief covering note to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to:
List your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
First interviews will be with our Head of Digital Design and HR Manager.
Second interview will be with our Managing Director, Executive Creative Director and Creative Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.