Permanent and full time.
Are you a standout Digital Analyst with the expertise to provide actionable insight around the on-site digital experience and purchase journey of our client’s customers? Do you have the initiative and confidence to turn your technical expertise and insight into actionable recommendations and present them to colleagues and clients?
Are you committed and hungry to progress, developing strong and lasting relationships with your colleagues and clients? Are you comfortable thinking conceptually and being part of a team who persuasively sells in new solutions to our clients?
If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
We’re looking for a hands-on digital analyst with 3+ years’ experience to join our expanding team. As well as researching web analytics and data from marketing automation, email, ad-tech platforms and CRM systems, you will manage conversion funnels, A/B and multi-variant testing.
Additionally, you’ll inform SEO strategies, using standard research tools such as Google Search Console and Moz, as well as specialist tools like Spyfu, Semrush and Ahrefs, for example. You’ll be working closely with creative, technical, project / account management and strategic colleagues in a dynamic, agile environment. You’ll be comfortable with data, presenting it clearly and concisely to identify new opportunities and recommend them to the team and clients, using your strong presentation and stakeholder management skills.
Who we are
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications, web builds and systems development.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
Our office is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from a wealth of bus stops.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 70+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that takes care of its staff, our environment and offer exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a passionate all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee, we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
- Successful track record of meeting KPI targets through use of conversion optimisation tools and tactics.
- Experience with Google Search Console and Google Adwords and SEO Moz.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics including event tracking, segments, attribution and tag manager to improve the customer experience.
- Experience working in an organisation with multiple stakeholders, channels and partners.
- Experience utilising multivariant and A/B testing tools.
- Experience using marketing automation systems such as Hubspot, Eloqua and Marketo.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in agency-side digital marketing working across B2C/B2B business, particularly B2B.
- Ability to seek out, use and collate data from a variety of sources, including ad-tech systems, web-analytics, marketing automation, call tracking and CRM systems to increase conversion and optimise customer journeys.
- Ability to optimise key customer journeys through entry pages from email, PPC, partner websites etc.
- Educated to degree level, with relevant marketing/digital qualifications either post-graduate or professional training, or equivalent industry experience.
Bonus points for
- Experience in the technology, financial services, professional services, education and utilities sectors.
- Experience with email broadcast tools such as Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp.
- Experience in using Content Management Systems such as Drupal.
- Experience with other SEO tools, for example, Spyfu, Semrush and Ahrefs.
- Highly analytical and curious, able to analyse, present and execute recommendations.
- Comfortable working in a commercial, ROI driven environment.
- A creative problem solver with initiative and self-motivation.
- A team worker, with strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Practical and level-headed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- A conceptual thinker who can help us develop new digital solutions.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
- Prepared to travel to clients’ offices, both in the UK and further afield, when required.
What you’ll be getting…
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme – P+S contribution of 4%, employees 5%.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Quarterly employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to list your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
First interviews will be with our Director of Digital and Strategy, Digital Director, Head of Digital Design and HR Manager.
Second interview will be with our Client Services Director and Managing Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.