Permanent and full time
Are you a motivated and experienced Account Executive looking to join a dynamic and growing accounts team working with national and global B2B and B2C brands?
Or perhaps you come from a marketing background and would like to bring your positive attitude, enthusiasm and exceptional organisational skills to an agency environment? If the answer’s yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are
Based in vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether it’s online or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won accolades in both the UK and USA, including Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include Panasonic, Prysmian Group, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Daikin, South West Water, Osborne Clarke and Regus.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company and moved into our newly converted offices, ‘The Old Printworks’, in Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters, in 2018. Our space is truly a beautiful place to work, with oodles of light, a café and kitchen, showers, solar panels, and meeting spaces (watch the building transformation on our YouTube channel). What’s more, we’re a short walk from some great places to eat in and around St Mark’s Road, and very easy to get to, with two local stations, Bristol’s cycle path network and a wealth of buses to choose from.
We’ve been in the business for four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of 70+ professionals. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to grow, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working as part of our Client Services team, supporting the Account Managers and Account Directors across a range of clients and reporting to the Client Services Director. You’ll be helping ensure the smooth delivery of national and global projects for some amazing brands, on time and on budget, impressing our clients along the way.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Getting under the skin of our clients’ businesses, objectives, markets, brands and, importantly, their brand guidelines.
- Building and maintaining your own strong, friendly and professional client relationships.
- Taking meeting notes, creating detailed and accurate contact reports, estimates and timing plans and maintaining project status reports.
- Playing your part in scheduling work, briefing our creative and digital teams, suppliers and other external parties to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Strictly following our quality assurance and operational processes.
- Managing your workload and communicating effectively with the team.
What you’ll be needing
If it’s all sounding interesting so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a problem solver, a can-doer who will roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee we’re a very friendly lot and we want another professional, fun person on our team.
- Previous experience in an agency, or similar environment.
- First-class oral and written skills and an all-round ability to communicate confidently and clearly with our clients, suppliers… and us!
- Good personal timekeeping and the ability to manage your time and prioritise your tasks effectively.
- A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to arrive at the right solutions.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- An understanding of project delivery and creative processes – whatever the media or channel.
- A good head for figures – you’ll need to be as comfortable analysing a project’s financial data as you are a campaign’s performance.
- An understanding of how the agency business works – from generating income and maximising profits to controlling costs.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Outlook.
- Ability to use both PC and Mac OS-X operating systems.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Practical and level-headed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- A critical thinker with an eagle eye when it comes to detail and error spotting – regular proof checking is required.
- Marketing savvy. Both online and offline.
- Hungry to progress and develop.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- A good people person – you will be liaising daily with our creative studio and digital team in the delivery of your projects.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
- Prepared to travel to clients’ offices, both in the UK and further afield, when required.
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)
- Some experience of social media.
- A basic understanding of web content management systems.
- International language skills, in particular Arabic.
What you’ll be getting
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities – technical, professional and other exciting skills (we are currently learning Japanese!).
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Maternity and paternity benefits.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Regular employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
- Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
- Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle (we’re also looking at bringing in fruit baskets at the moment!).
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to:
List your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- First interviews will be with our Senior Account Managers, Account Manager and HR Manager.
- Second interview will be with our Managing Director, Director and Client Services Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.