Regus has opened one business centre every week, for the past 20 years. Over the next three years, it wants to open one, every single day. Achieving greater global coverage in more markets and locations than ever before. To do this, it needed a global campaign to communicate its unprecedented, unmissable business proposition to property owners the world over. More importantly, it wanted to take this offering to MIPIM, the international real estate show for professionals in Cannes, France.
At the heart of our strategy was a very simple principle: the fact that Regus is not selling, but buying. Essentially, this is the biggest 'Wanted' campaign in the world, and a Godsend for property owners in a challenging market.
In order to get such a unique 'Wanted' message noticed by a distinct and diverse audience, we set about creating a campaign that would:
• Have stand out from anything Regus currently does, yet sit comfortably within the existing brand.
• Establish how such an unprecedented market opportunity is communicated across the 95 countries Regus operates in.
‘We want your space. Join our network’ made for a strikingly bold, straightforward campaign proposition and tone of voice strategy. A direct message that allows Regus to quickly and succinctly, communicate its unique and mutually beneficial business deal to property owners. We delivered, in a very limited time, a full suite of communications for Regus in time for the MIPIM exhibition, including:
• Exhibition stand – Communicating Regus’ proposition through interactive touchscreens.
• Animated infographic series – Four 90-second animations covering each of the key areas of the Regus property proposition.
• Partner Brochure – Detailing Regus’ offer to property owners. (Interested parties could email themselves this brochure directly, from the interactive touchscreens at the stand.)
• Associated web content – Static image banners and copy for the existing Regus site.
• Product Brochure – A high-end ‘coffee table’ style ‘lookbook’ showcasing Regus workspace.
• MIPIM Exhibition Guide Ads – Directing attendees to the Regus stand.
• Pre-exhibition email – Sent to attendees ahead of the MIPIM exhibition.
With Regus’ sheer global reach, a key consideration from the outset of the project was translatability across each of the 95 countries in which it operates. Our research showed that the proposition translated well in many languages, and any potential issues in misunderstanding across customs and cultures, could be easily overcome. This gave us confidence in the strength and simplicity of our lead proposition and its associated messaging, and allowed us to quickly map out an effective global ‘localisation’ strategy.
Although the Regus ‘We want your space’ campaign is in its early stages, things have already got off to an encouraging start. There was a highly positive response to the Regus stand and infographic animations at the exhibition – both from Regus staff, and stand visitors.