Motivation wanted to create a way of communicating their message on a number of different levels through a set of communication tools.
Motivation had a current set of communication tools, many of which were out of date. As an organisation, they had previously looked at all communication tools in 2000 when they had a professional pro bono re-design and re-write of all their communications. Due to cost restraints, in the past ten years, they had to create a lot of their own communication tools based on the work in 2000. Through lack of clear and usable brand guidelines, they gradually ‘drifted’ away from the original design concept.
Motivation were looking for:
• A new look and ‘voice’ for Motivation, that could be used across all existing communication tools.
• A website strategy to address issues described above with page/navigation direction. Including direction on design, look, copy, structure, links, and SEO.
• Clear, concise brand guidelines for use by their staff, copywriters, and illustrators in the future.
The Proctors response
We systematically approached each of Motivation’s communication tools in turn. Firstly making their main website fresher, more dynamic and engaging, less text heavy and more navigable and user-friendly. We then applied this approach to their sports wheelchair pages within the main site, their Australian site, and their Facebook pages.
We then took the new look and feel throughout Motivation’s marketing and communications collateral including:
• Email signature
• Newsletter via print and email
• Support leaflet
• Sports wheelchair leaflet
• Summary report and financial leaflets
• Business cards
• Stands for use at events
• General merchandise