Are you an experienced, conscientious Artworker with an impressive attention to detail and an innate ability to transform great design into polished perfection? Does your passion for all things print and digital and your Mac technical know-how mean projects are always delivered above and beyond client satisfaction? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Who we are…
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a proudly independent, award-winning creative agency.
We offer the whole range of design and marketing services – from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand-building, events, product communications and web builds.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of 70-plus professionals.
Where we work
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So much so, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in leafy Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, parking spaces, a place for your bike, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from plenty of bus stops.
What you’ll be doing…
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for creating and developing artwork for a whole host of print and digital media platforms, and for some amazing national and global brands. Working closely with our design, digital and client services teams, you’ll ensure that all designs maintain their integrity, meet their full potential, and are quality-controlled to print-ready standard.
You’ll do this by…
• Typesetting, retouching and proofing to provide flawless accuracy of artwork for all materials – from digital and traditional print, to packaging and exhibitions.
• Championing brand guidelines and project specifications.
• Communicating progress at every stage of the artwork process to maintain the smooth running of the production schedule.
• Helping to ensure that projects are delivered on time, in budget and to the highest quality.
• Building great working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Identifying and resolving artwork and print challenges from a technical perspective.
What you’ll be needing…
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a fantastic all-rounder who can roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
• Years of proven experience in typesetting and artworking complex documents and exhibitions – both print and digital.
• Solid experience in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
• Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver projects to (often tight) deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Meticulously eagle-eyed when it comes to detail, accuracy and quality.
• Able to work on multiple projects confidently, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Methodical, highly organised and motivated.
• A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
• Positive and enthusiastic (even on a Monday morning!).
• Highly professional.
What you’ll be getting…
We’re proud to be a dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges, room to thrive and plenty of fun along the way.
• A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
• Training and development opportunities.
• Healthcare cash plan.
• Private medical insurance.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and a shower at the office).
• Retail and gym discounts.
• Frequent social events.
• As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
• An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do and have fun while they do it.
• Fabulous working environment in our brand-new Easton office.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to [email protected] forthwith!
Don’t forget to:
• List your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
• Provide links to examples of your work.
• First interview will be with our current Senior Artworker, Production Manager and HR Manager.
• Second interview will be with our Managing Director, Executive Creative Director and Creative Director.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate.